Version 4.36 and 4.37 updates
9 Oct 2017
A round-up of updates since version 4.36. New features include the listposts shortcode and the hashtags template.
4.37.1 – 7 Oct 2017
- Removed category links from search results to reduce the number of hyperlinks and improve screenreader access
4.37 – 7 Oct 2017
- Sidebars include a hidden H2 heading to improve screenreader access
- Improvements to search forms and filters
- Minor performance updates for related news sidebar on news posts
- RTF file type added to templates and tracking
- Changes to the Tag template, removed additional category links in listings, moved meta info to foot of list items
- User profile tidy to remove excess code
4.36.1 – 1 Oct 2017
- Further fixes for sidebar field not appearing in some templates
- New Hashtags plugin provides a page template to showcase posts by tag
The new hashtags template allows you to create pages to showcase posts for a single tag, with options to manually add pages and Spots. You’ll need to download and activate the HT Hashtags plugin to enable the new template.
4.36 – 23 Sep 2017
- Fix for sidebar field not appearing in some templates
- New listposts shortcode
- Improvements to tagcloud links
- Simplification of background auto-expiry functions. Cron jobs for auto-expiry on individual posts have been removed. There is a regular five minute patrol to process auto-expiring news, news-updates, vacancies and events.